ELEVEIGHT KITES - RS | CROSSOVER - FREERIDE | HANGTIME | WIND RANGE | UPWIND
Eleveight Kites RS model is the most versatile kite in the lineup. The RS excels in all riding styles and adapts to any spot or weather condition. The stable Delta-Hybrid design is bursting with performance that is easily accessible to riders of all levels. It has grunt, covers an incredible wind range and comes with a massive hangtime. The revised arc with a medium to high aspect ratio is great for big boosts and ensures easy upwind riding. The kite is agile and powerful. In other words: The RS is the performance freeride kite everybody should try.
Peter Stiewe - Eleveight Kite Designer
"The RS is a high-performance freeride kite with a huge sweet spot over an impressive wind range. It is very well balanced and works for all riding styles."
● Three strut Delta-Hybrid design
● Most versatile high-performance freeride kite
● Medium to high aspect ratio for big airs and long hang time
● Covers huge wind range and easily travels upwind
● Fast and smooth turning characteristics
● Ultra stable, perfect to tackle any spot and ride in any condition
● New bridle system with added trim option for customized performance
● Superior materials like X4 canopy and XT cloth made by Techno Force™
Changes for 2020:
● Increased angle-of-attack for enhanced power and grunt
● More sweep in the wingtips for better upwind and low-end performance
● Shorter bridles for higher responsiveness and tangle-prevention
● New five-point bridle system for increased stability and linear bar feel
● Additional trim option in the front bridles allows customization of turning behaviour
● Redefined trailing edge load diffuser reduces flutter and improves durability
● Thinner battens for less weight
● New load dynamic super seam to increase durability and avoid seam damage
● New Extreme Tenacity LE and strut material by Techno Force™
● New bridle deflector to cover the LE closing seam
Check out the Eleveight RS video review of new features for 2020 and general info about the kites performance characteristics:
The RSeries with its streamlined Delta-Hybrid design is the go-to kite for riders who want to cover all riding styles with only one style of wing. It is greatly versatile, covers a huge wind range and is ultra accessible. Riders will instantly score when testing or riding this kite. Hence it is also our kite with the highest demand. We stayed true to the RS’ proven design while introducing a number of improvements, such as our new five-point bridle system with additional trim option, an increased angle-of-attack, more sweep in the tips, renewed bridle deflectors, revised trailing edge load diffusers, and the latest XT (Extreme Tenacity) leading edge and strut material made in Japan. Get hooked on the RS and score every time.
Available colours are grey, green, red, and yellow. However, colour selection is subject to availability.
Excerpt from The Kite Mag Ultimate Test Review:
In the air, it's nice and nippy on the bar, and in the turn the power delivery is superbly smooth and not in any way spiky...Upwind is more or less automatic, all that delta in the front tube means it climbs forward really well, and does the hard work for you and, unlike some delta designs, it flies in a straight line with no inner bar pressure required. Hooked twin-tipping is an elegant and controlled affair with a decent amount of floaty lift on demand. Load up for a jump, and the lift on the bar is far more than anticipated...Pushing the RS into a wave situation, it continues to hold its poise very well. Its drift ability is up there with most crossover kites, and the ever rapid turning ability makes it applicable to more technical waves in tricky conditions...Its enormous sweet spot and extended usable range speak legends for the designers behind it. True versatility doesn't come in this pleasant and playful a package very often.